In the meantime, we are rounding up our prayer warriors and asking humbly, will you stand with us and for us in prayer during this journey of our lives?
Here is a basic itinerary of our travels:
[FYI: Ethiopia is currently 8 hours ahead of CST]
- Thursday 6/25 - Saturday 6/27: Kirk and I enjoy two days alone in D.C. before boarding the plane to Ethiopia (Yes, we count this as a miracle!) :)
- Saturday 6/27 8 PM EST: Flight leaves from D.C. for Ethiopia
- Sunday 6/28 7 PM: Arrive in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Monday 6/29: Pick up our kids!!!
- Tuesday 6/30: Embassy Appointment
- Weds-Friday: Enjoy Ethiopia and our children
- Friday 7/3: Leave Addis for D.C.
- Saturday, July 4th: Arrive in America on the Fourth of July!
- logistics of travel (flights on time, luggage at right weight, no luggage lost, seats on planes, etc.)
- safety during travel
- physical health before and during travel
- physical health while in Ethiopia
- our new kids' hearts as they transition from one culture and family to another
- our kids back home in the States as they are with my parents for 9 days
- my parents as they are with our kids for 9 days!
- our emotional and mental stamina as we take on a huge task
- continued provision for our family
- our documentary film producer, David, as he travels with us
- red tape that must be cut through for filming in Ethiopia (this is a big one!)
- David's wife and baby boy back home in the States
- and anything else the Lord leads you to pray for!!!
With much love and appreciation,
heidi & kirk